[Zope] Zope support through the community: sorting

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.fep.ru>
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 17:21:46 +0400 (MSD)

On Fri, 13 Apr 2001, Dieter Maurer wrote:
> there is currently a heaty and controversial debate at
>       http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Proposals/ExtendedDTMLSorting
>
> It is concerned with Oleg's great "Sorting Patch"
> that provides (almost) general, easy to use sorting facilities all over
> Zope's framework (DTML, Python Scripts, External Methods, ZPT, ....).

   Thank you for support!

>   It seems to me that DC is far too reluctant to accept
>   contributions to Zope from community members:
>
>      * patches fixing bugs
>      * patches implementing missing but useful features
>
>   In my view
>
>     * bug fixing patches should always be accepted
>       unless the patch is not easily understandable.
>
>     * feature patches should be accepted, if it
>       makes Zope more consistent

   This is where the problem lies - DC feels like my patch is not
consistent. It is exccessive feature; it has no companion patch in
dtml-tree sort, etc. :)

Oleg.
----
     Oleg Broytmann     http://www.zope.org/Members/phd/     phd@phd.pp.ru