[Zope] Zope support through the community: sorting

aZaZel azazel@chiaroscuro.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 19:50:42 +0100

Brian Lloyd wrote:

> It is not "feature bloat" in this case that is the main issue,
> it is (as stated in my comments in the proposal) the complexity
> this adds. Please understand that we are sometimes put in a
> difficult position - we get beaten up all the time about "zope
> being too complex", then get beaten up by other folks when we
> question a feature because we don't want to add to the
> complexity :)

I feel your words like the neverending discussion between windoze and
unixes ......my opinion is that if you want to do powerful things  you
need , or you have to develop, powerful stuff. Personally i come from
the database world where things like sorting are very important. And
where is the complexity? If you don't need that feature, simply don't
use it. If with your words you mean the complexity of the code, i'm sure
that most people said "zope is too complex" when the accompainig
documentation was too old to be useful and when the source code wasn't
commented a lot ...but it's one issue for many open source projects, not
only for zope...I don't think other projects stops introducing new
features in that situation, especially when they are really useful as
the Oleg's one

I think that's  more difficult to find an application where a powerful
sort doesn't help. :-)

I'm sorry for my bad english.

azazel