[Zope] xml-rpc and objectIds

Alex Verstraeten alex@quad.com.ar
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 20:39:11 -0300

when was the objectIds method removed from xml-rpc?

I'm trying to do an xml-rpc based manager for zope, so I can browse, create,
edit and delete any kind of object  (dtml methods, python scripts,
ZsqlMethods, etc)

for browsing I need the objectIds method, but it doesnt seems to be
available on zope 2.3.0

I'm using a patched xmlrpclib that supports basic http auth, so this is not
an anonymous user trying to request the objectIds method, it's admin
(owner/manager). but I get resource not found.

If everything keeps this way I'll just use webdav for browsing and xml-rpc
for editing/creating/deleting objects.
now that I think about it... can I create any object using webdav? I mean,
may I /manage_addProduct/OFSP/addDTMLMethod on dav? or will i require
xml-rpc for it?

thanks

Alex