[Zope] ZPT - how to get started with Macro, I get "version None" error

Evan Simpson evan@4-am.com
Fri, 13 Apr 2001 23:20:20 -0400

From: "Brad Clements" <bkc@murkworks.com>
> In there I created two page templates, one called Welcome, with the
SimpleWelcome
> text (modified) and the other template is called "master" with the sample
master macro.

> I changed SimpleWelcome to be something like this:
>
>        metal:use-macro="here/master">

This should be "here/master/macros/<macroname>", where <macroname> is
whatever name appears in master's tal:define-macro.  There's no shortcut for
treating an entire template as a macro, though perhaps there ought to be.

>  TAL.TALDefs.METALError: macro 'here/master' has incompatible version
None, at line 1, column 1

This error message definitely needs to be improved.

Cheers,

Evan @ digicool & 4-am