[Zope] Re: [Zope-dev] REQUIRING Python 2.1??

Jeff Peterson jpeterso@the-bridge.net
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 11:55:53 -0500

> New users w/ windows/nt:  They have to download and install
> python anyhow, so is it any harder to get the latest version?
> If you search google for "download python" and take the easiest
> path, which version do you end up with.
>
> Existing users w/ windows/nt:  How hard is it to have both
> versions of python running on one machine [I have no idea].

With Windows, if you install a Zope binary you don't even need python on the
box, the binary comes with a completely encapsulated python.  And...

You can easily have a version of Python installed, and run Zope from it's
included Python version, I am doing it now.  (I have Active State 2.x
installed and Zope 2.3.x with python 1.5.2 built in)