[Zope] zope rant

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 19:13:58 -0400

--On Tuesday, April 17, 2001 08:30:28 +1200 matt
<matt@virtualspectator.com> wrote:

> I am not sure that I understand people's reservations with writing Python
> Products for complex situations?, with which you get so many nice
> development tools that we are so used to.  Personally I couldn't fathom
> doing half the things I want to in Zope without using these, though the
> security issue is still one I find awkward.  Is it DCs wish that one day
> people would not need to write Python Products?

Not as far as I know.  If anything, we've heard the critique loud and clear
and are investigating how to represent the 'rich' information in the ZODB
as a 'flat' filesystem.  What we're hoping for is that it would allow you
to manage artifacts in the ZODB using tools you are used to, ala grep, CVS,
etc.

So write Python Products with confidence :)
--
ethan mindlace fremen
zopatista community liason