[Zope] Zope service network permissions on NT

Loren Stafford lstafford@morphics.com
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:30:57 -0700

When my NT box restarts after a power failure (we have lots of these in
California these days), my Zope loses its ability to talk to some of the
other hosts on the LAN.

I have Zope running as a service on NT 4. The Zope service runs as user
"zope". My Zope talks to other hosts on the LAN via:

1. NT filesystem (thru LocalFS product). No problem here. The links to the
other fileservers are specified in UNC format (e.g.
\\phoneserver\phonelist.txt). And the user "zope" has the requisite
permissions on all the filesystem drives used.

2. ODBC connections to databases on other hosts. The ODBC driver forces you
to specify connections in terms of drive mappings (e.g. f:\phonelist.mdb).
But after startup, when no one is logged in, there is no active user profile
containing drive mappings. Therefore, the ODBC connections are broken.

3. NFS Maestro mounts. The Maestro driver also forces you to specify
connections in terms of drive mappings -- with the same problems as #2.

Does anyone know how to configure NT, Zope, or the Zope service so that
connection types #2 and #3 don't break when no one is logged in.

-- Thanks
-- Loren