[Zope] Continuing Woe with Win98 (but Zope V1.10.3 works!)

Paul Browning paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 22:32:28 +0100

A while back I reported a problem with Zope under Win98. The
symptoms are that everything looks OK in the MS-DOS command
window but that when you try and browse to http://localhost:8080
then nothing happens.

A number of people made useful suggestions including making sure
the was an entry in the Windoze LMHOSTS file but to no avail.

As Zope did _once_ work on this particular PC I went back to
Zope 2.1.6 as I had a hunch that this was version I had originally
tried (the problems on started when I upgraded to a later version).

However, no luck.

Then, just for the hell of it, I installed Zope 1.10.3. IT WORKS
(over port 9673)!

Zope V1 isn't alot of use to me, but I thought I'd report
my findings in case it causes any flashes of deduction amongst Windows
gurus out there which might lead to a resolution of the problem.

For the record, the M$ Personal Web Server (or whatever it's called),
works just fine - browsing to http://localhost does what you'd
expect.

Cheers.

Paul

--
 The Library, Tyndall Avenue, Univ. of Bristol, Bristol, BS8 1TJ, UK
     E-mail: paul.browning@bristol.ac.uk  URL: http://www.bris.ac.uk/