XML-RPC limit (was Re: [Zope] Why can't I add lots of objects at once? )

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 07:16:57 -0500

I finally figured out how to get all of my course
roster objects (one folder per student per class
section - ~233K objects).  Instead of trying to
use a single XML-RPC session for the entire
process *or* using a seperate session for each
class section, I used a new session for each
course subject.  This split the data into about
100 chunks.  It updated all night without locking
up.

I haven't determined exactly what the limits of
XML-RPC are, but this seems to get around it.  At
least it's better than grinding Zope into the
ground and restarting it.

Thank you for the help.

--kyler