[Zope] Native Database for Zope

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 09:59:37 -0600

Yvonne Totty wrote:

> My boss says that we need to mirror our system between
> here (Mobile, AL), the UK and Germany. I do not know
> why, but this needs to be done.
>
> We have about 500 people who will need access to the
> system in one way or another.
>
> -y
>
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Yvonne Totty
> Database Engineer, x2198
> -------------------------
> Maximus: What we do in life, echoes in eternity.
>     -- Gladiator

Either use the Zope database and ZEO, or a replicated SQL backend such
as Oracle. It really depends on whether your data model maps better to
the ZODB or an RDBMS. ZEO would still prove useful with an RDBMS backend
to keep the Zope instances synched. Likely a hybrid approach such as
this would work best.

Unfortunately the Open source world lacks a RDBMS that has robust
replication. It is something that has been discussed for PostgreSQL for
some time, and I suspect it will eventually be implemented in it. Until
then...

--