[Zope] No bugfixes from final beta?!

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Wed, 18 Apr 2001 16:36:33 -0600

Chris Withers wrote:

> Sorry, but this seems kindof silly... what's the point of doing a final beta
> if you're not going to make any changes (even fixing bugs!) after it?
>
> Surely you might as well just release it as the final then?
>
> cheers,

The way I understand it is that if more important bugs are found in a
beta, then another beta is issued. After a suitable period has passed
without substancial bugs reported, the final beta becomes the release
version. This is so that *any* fixes are checked in beta first, not just
released on assumption that nothing was broke.

--