[Zope] Python Script Problem

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 09:50:50 +0100

Evan Simpson wrote:

> All of the machinery that guards against foolish or malicious wasting of CPU
> and memory should really be optional.

At last! Someone from DC admits it! ;-)

> There ought to be an environment
> variable, off by default for these particular "security" measures.

Either that or a permission or something, which would be more flexible.
Could something similar be added to so something like:
'I trust this user to only import sensible modules'
...so that we don't have to go through pain every time someone needs access to a
standard python module (like re for example ;-)

> (everybody out there who lets untrusted users write
> DTML, raise your hand!),

Yeahright! ;-)

It does strike me that with a couple more permissions, you could eliminate the
need for external methods here...

cheers,

Chris