[Zope] Re: [Zope] gvIB Interbase Adpater for Zope on Win2k

Uwe Fechner uwe.fechner@4commerce.de
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 15:21:50 +0200

Hello,

I wrote:
> > did anybody succeed to run gvIB v. 0.96 an win2k yet?
> > In runs well for me on win98, but I didn't get it going with
> > win2k.
> > From the python command line everything works well, but
> > if I try to connect to the database from zope I get the
> > message "Invalid connection string".

You answered:
> I use it on win2k all the time. What is the exact connection
> string you're using? Where
> is the database on your system?

My connection string is:

c:\database\employee.gdb sysdba masterkey

Im an running IB 6.01 Server locally.

The following code at the command line works without problems:

     cd c:\programme\website\bin
     python
     Python 1.5.2 (#3, Mar  8 2000, 16:34:52) [C] on sunos5
     >>> import gvib
     >>> db = 'c:\database\employee.gdb'
     >>> cn = gvib.connect(db, 'sysdba', 'masterkey')
     >>> cn.close()
     >>> ctrl-z RETURN

It's a type 1 database (IB5 compatible).

Any idea?

Best regards:

Uwe Fechner