[Zope] hasRole (Bug or My brain is dead?)

The Doctor What docwhat@gerf.org
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 17:05:16 -0500

--+HP7ph2BbKc20aGI

* Hamish Lawson (hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk) [010419 14:41]:
> Just a suggestion: You may want to consider whether it would be better
> to test whether the user has the appropriate permission using
> has_permission(), rather than for whether they have a particular role.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it's mainly a beautification.
Example: I don't want the traceback on errors visible unless the
user is logged in. :-)  I don't care what their permissions are,
just the fact that they are marked as development savvy.

Ciao!

--=20
When the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to treat everything as if=
 it were a nail.
	 -- Abraham Maslow

The Doctor What: Need I say more?                http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC