[Zope] Problems calling directory

Casey Duncan cduncan@kaivo.com
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 08:36:27 -0600

Adrian Madrid wrote:

> I have a zclass which defines articles with a
> 'location' field. (ie. location =
> 'Portal.Publications.Review'). My problem is that the
> articles are located in a certain area but need to
> show in the 'location' specified. I don't understand
> why this code works:
>
> <dtml-with "Portal.Publications.Review">
>      in the <dtml-var title_and_id> Folder.</p>
> </dtml-with>
>
> While this code does not work:
>
> <dtml-with "_['location']">
>      in the <dtml-var title_and_id> Folder.</p>
> </dtml-with>
>
> Any ideas?

Portal.Publications.Review is being passed as an expression in your
first example, not a string. You cannot pass expressions in string
variables in DTML. To resolve objects given a path use:

<dtml-with expr="REQUEST.resolve_url('/Portal/Publication/Review')">

You could also pass a variable here as in:

<dtml-with expr="REQUEST.resolve_url(location)">

hth,
--