[Zope] Proposal of forking the zope@zope.org list

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Fri, 20 Apr 2001 23:19:51 +0200

Hello co-zopers!

The mailload on zope@zope.org is quite large and I dare suggest that I am
not the only one having some sort of difficulty in sorting out the various
topics on the list.

I propose that we split^H^H^Hfork the zope@zope.org into the following
sublists, which of course only reveal my own topics of interest, but I have
the feeling that they would actually prove useful, especially for new users.
The proposed list of lists :) reflect topics that I feel are frequently
discussed and/or topics where there is no obvious preferred way of doing
things:

Proposed list        Proposed topic
-------------        --------------

   zope-db            - Disscussion of (external & gadfly)
                        database access to/from Zope

   zope-um            - Discussion on how to manage users, and
                        the various products to extend/replace
                        built-in zope user management

   zope-ws            - Discussion on how to use zope with other
                        webservers (like apache, squid, etc) and
                        related techniques/products (rewrite rules,
                        SiteAccess, VHM, fast_cgi, etc)

   zope-adm           - Discussion on how to administer zope
                        and problems/bugs related to this

   zope               - Current list. mostly on how to develop IN
                        zope (as opposed to zope-dev which is on
                        how to develop zope). Here are discussions on
                        DTML and stuff...

   zope-newbies       - For the zopistas-to-be :-) Topics for new
                        users, simpler howtos, best practices, etc...

Cooments?

Cheers,

/dario

Dario Lopez-Kästen     Systems Developer  Chalmers Univ. of Technology
dario@ita.chalmers.se  ICQ: 14142275 (seldom)    IT Systems & Services