[Zope] Calling ZClass constructors programmatically...

Fri, 20 Apr 2001 14:51:33 -0700

For some reason, it doesn't work (at least for my ZClass, which subclasses
ZCatalog:CatalogAware, and OFS:Folder), with code like:

container.manage_addProduct['Classifieds'].AdFolder_add(...)

I can't seem to publish 'Classifieds' - I get an AttributeError in
Product.py for 'Classifeds'.

Classifieds is a product created (only) within the ODB and contains a few
ZClasses.  The thing that seems strange is that this technique works fine
for OFS:Folder:

container.manage_addProduct['OFSP'].manage_addFolder(...)

I feel fairly confident that if the
container.manage_addProduct['Classifieds'] namespace could be published
(shouldn't it be able to be seen?), that I would have no problem calling its
constructor this way.

I may end up swithching my project to the product API instead of using
ZClasses just to avoid all this confusion, though; I've just already spent a
bunch of time setting up

Sean