[Zope] Proposal of forking the zope@zope.org list

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 18:29:00 +0200

On Sat, Apr 21, 2001 at 01:25:11PM +0000, complaw@hal-pc.org wrote:
> I agree with Tim.  First, splitting the list would mean that we would h=
ave to=20
> monitor more groups.  Second, I have learned a lot from the more sophis=
ticated=20
>=20
> > "Dario Lopez-K=E4sten" wrote:
> > =20
> > > I propose that we split^H^H^Hfork the zope@zope.org into the follow=
ing

IMHO, it would be better to keep only zope@zope.org and set mandatory
topics between square brackets. If the poster doesn't set one of the
mandatory topic, then his post is rejected with an information message
listing all possible topics and explaining what each of them is for.

a possible preliminary list of mandatory topics should be:=20
=09
	[INSTALL]  =3D> installation/launching problem
	[DATABASE] =3D> external and gadfly databases
	[SECUROY]  =3D> User management and permissions
	[DTML]	   =3D> ...

etc...

This would allow people to filter automatically to keep only what=20
they want, while at the same time not bothering people who want=20
to receive all messages.

Any comment ?

bye,

Jerome Alet