[Zope] Proposal of forking the zope@zope.org list

ethan mindlace fremen mindlace@digicool.com
Sat, 21 Apr 2001 19:44:09 -0400

So... it seems like the current proposal(s) suggest adding:

zope-newbies
zope-adm
zope-db
zope-um
zope-ws

well...

I can see zope-db (lots of db specific traffic), and even zope-newbies.

I'm not sure there's been enough traffic on user managers to justify it's
own list.

I think a zope-adm might be OK if it subsumed zope-ws, as I imagine it's
administrators that care about web servers.

I personally see a danger in picking lists based on audience (as opposed to
topic), as it makes it harder to know "is this for/about administrators or
what?"). by the same token, perhaps a newbie-specific place is good so that
people can ask questions and not get lost in the crowd of them.

So, for now, I propose adding:

Zope-RDB (relational databases and zope)
Zope-newbies (new to zope? sign up here for help)

If that doesn't let the pressure off, perhaps we can consider more.
--
-mindlace-
zopatista community liason