[Zope] finding zope python libraries.

ghaley@mail.venaca.com ghaley@mail.venaca.com
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 10:59:48 -0400 (EDT)

hi,

i've been noticing something happening in a rather sporadic way.
sometimes when i try to install a new product -- the specific example
right now is LoginManager -- i cannot get it to install correctly.  i
notice that some of the *.pyc files do not get generated;  when i try to
run these from the console, i get errors that indicate the .py file cannot
find the appropriate class.method, etc., although in the lib/python/
directory, the class and methods are there.

if i launch python from the console into interactive mode, and do the
following,

	$ python

	>>> import sys
	>>> sys.path

the returned value does not display the zope/lib/python/ directory -- so
after reading a lot of python documentation, cruising the zope.org search
facility, i can define the pythonpath in my shell, but this is good only
for my console, how do i make these zope python libraries available to
zope?

ciao!
greg.

Gregory Haley