Re(2): [Zope] Problem setting up Ultraseek DA

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:01:26 +0200 (CEST)

John Lawson writes:
 > Thanks for the prompt response.
 > I can confirm that the Ultraseek server is based on Python 2.0.
 >
 > Is there any way to make this work with Zope/Python 1.5.2=3F
Zope runs happily under Python 2.0 (and 2.1) - at least,
if it is not really confronted with Unicode.

If it gets Unicode (and Brian told us that Ultraseek will
probably return Unicode strings), then there may be
problems with the conversion to normal strings.
Most can be resolved by defining the "default_encoding".

Some community member (I think Toby) has provided patches
and documentation on how to run Zope truely in an Unicode
environment.

Dieter