[Zope] JavaScript windows like framework?

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:37:20 +0100

* Oliver Bleutgen <myzope@gmx.net> [010424 12:42]:

> > I'd love to collaborate on this, one day, when I have a moment or ten
> > ;-)  I want to create a gui for my CMF products, so users who only
> > ever run MSWord will be able to create and mark up content.  There's
> > already plenty of DHTML out there to do some of the bits.  I think the
> > main effort would be designing a really extensible framework which
> > could layer over Zope in all its future incarnations.
>
> I just emailed to Éric Barroca (eric@barroca.net), he has a product
> name MSWordDocument which uses wvware to convert word-files
> to html for zope.
> I think wvware is really good for this task and it can convert
> word-files into various format (PDF, Latex, DVI, html, ps wml).
> It's configurable via xml-files. You just have some tags like

My Word example was really meant to illustrate the kind of level of
computer experience target users have, rather than being literal.  But
that's *very* cool - I use wvWare but I was unaware that you can
customize the output like that.  An STX output would be great for
starters.  I'll look into it - cheers :)

seb