[Zope] RE: [Zope-CMF] mysqlUserFolder and CMF

Norman Khine khine@bmpublications.co.uk
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 15:38:53 +0100

Hello Shane,

Yes, the log-in form works without any problems, it creates the Session and
builds the logs. I will look at the documentation and see how to integrate
the registration into the CMF.

Can you tell me though is there a particular reason as to the pro's & con's
of using either existing acl_users or any other flavours of Login Managers.

The reason why I am using the mysqlUserFolder is to integrated with the
existing application and also because I did not want to clutter the ZODB
with demographic user data. What I am getting at will I loose any
performence if using one method or the other? I know you said you don't have
any experience of using mysqlUserFolder, but maybe from a perspective of OO
to RDBMS authentication.

Also are there any methods which I can use to analyse the Log files from the
CMF if they are any? If so where can I find them. Or is there a way in which
I can query the Members folder, so that I can for example get total number
of Members, their e-mails etc etc?

Thanks Norman

"Eternity is Time
Time, eternity