[Zope] Seeking planning advice: Apache Zope SiteAccess2

Jason Cunliffe jasonic@nomadicsltd.com
Tue, 24 Apr 2001 12:32:59 -0400

Hello

I am looking for some better understanding for configuration decisions of a
new ZopeSite..

Zope is running behind Apache [v1.3 on Linux Redhat 6.2] which is hosting a
number of sites. I am using SiteAccess2 and have modified the Apache
mod_proxy directives. Any requests http://www.oursite.com/zope direct to
Zope.

Everything appears to work fine :-) Big thanks to:
http://www.zope.org/Members/anser/apache_zserver
and
http://www.zope.org/Members/4am/SiteAccess2

Q1: What are the performance issues we are likely to face with this setup?
Q2: Is this enough..?
Q3: Should we be also be adding Fast_cgi, pcgi etc??

Site Overview:
The site is for artists and will have a lot of media files. We are using
zope becuase there will be frequent user uploads into userrole-resricted
areass = 'Artists' Studios'. The goal is a miminum maintenance design but
alloownig individual freedom.

For new contributions we want to use ExtFile, LocalFS and PhotoProduct [PIL
thumbnailing] plus some new products of our own tailored for SWF files.
For contributors who already have linear HTML page material to upload we can
direct them to use the Apache section. Typically these will be 'private'
areas, while most of the public sections will be 100% Zope based.
Various kinds of frequent Meta-data [user, content, & interface] will be
housed as dictionaries in BerekeleyStorage .db files to keep the Zope Undo
list tidy.

Any comments about this proposed use of components?
Thanks
- Jason
Jason CUNLIFFE = NOMADICS['Interactive Art and Technology']