[Zope] File storage question.

Allen.Vailliencourt@channelmaxinc.com Allen.Vailliencourt@channelmaxinc.com
Fri, 27 Apr 2001 13:54:24 -0400

greetings!

I'm really new to Zope, although I've been reading up on it and following it for over a year. Just
never had too much time to really sit down and start using/playing with it -- until now.  Here's my
question...

I'm running Zope (latest stable build) on my WinNT 4 workstation and have installed the CMF 1.0
stuff already.  I haven't been able to find this answer in the documentation yet (still reading
though) but where are the files (ie images, html, etc) stored for my webserver?

For instance in Apache you have your htdocs directory, in IIS you have your wwwroot directory, where
is it on  Zope? Or are all the files stored in the Zope DB?  Reason I'm asking is that I removed the
default zope page (index_html) and want to create a new (index) page with my info but since I
removed the index_html file I get a 404 error basically. I created a sub directory
(http://localhost/coolness) and had to name the main file index_html.  Is the _ the default? Can I
rename the file index.htm or default.htm?

Thanks.

Hope this didn't sound too confusing. :)

~Allen
Web Development Engineer
ChannelMax, Inc
www.scansource.com