[Zope] problem with External Methods

marc lindahl marc@bowery.com
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 16:39:52 -0400

on 2.3.2 I just tried to add an External Method and got this error -- anyone
have an idea?  Seems like some stuff in ExternalMethod.py isn't getting
initialized (for example, if I initialize func_defaults in the .py I'm
trying to externalize, it gives another error, about func_code).  Is there
requirements of the .py, something that needs to be imported or whatever,
for this product to work?

Error listing:

               Zope Error

               Error Type: AttributeError
               Error Value: func_defaults

               Troubleshooting Suggestions

                     The URL may be incorrect.
                     The parameters passed to this resource may be
incorrect.
                     A resource that this resource relies on may be
encountering an error.

               For more detailed information about the error, please refer
to the HTML source for this page.

               If the error persists please contact the site maintainer.
Thank you for your patience.

Traceback (innermost last):
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
223, in publish_module
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
187, in publish
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line 221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
171, in publish
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py, line 160,
in mapply
    (Object: manage_addExternalMethod)
  File /usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py, line
112, in call_object
    (Object: manage_addExternalMethod)
  File
/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod
.py, line 131, in manage_addExternalMethod
  File
/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod
.py, line 179, in __init__
    (Object: mp3info)
  File
/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod
.py, line 202, in manage_edit
    (Object: mp3info)
  File
/usr/local/zope/Zope-2.3.1/lib/python/Products/ExternalMethod/ExternalMethod
.py, line 217, in getFunction
    (Object: mp3info)
AttributeError: (see above)