[Zope] ZDG production question

Bill Anderson bill@immosys.com
31 Jul 2001 23:22:29 -0600

On 01 Aug 2001 01:04:39 -0400, Chris McDonough wrote:
> There is a StructuredText-to-DocBook outputter shipped with
> StructuredText.  To use it, see
> http://www.zope.org/Members/jim/StructuredTextWiki/NGDocumentation and
> replace the last step (html=StructuredText.HTML(doc)) with the DocBook
> outputter instead of the HTML outputter.  There are helper functions
> inside of the DocBook outputter to take a sequence of stx documents and
> turn them into a single DocBook book with multiple chapters.

Sweet. So I was the only one that didn't know.:) I can live with that.
Won't be the last time.

However ...

>>> import StructuredText
>>> raw=open('test.stx','r').readlines()
>>> st=StructuredText.Basic(raw)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "ST.py", line 113, in StructuredText
    paragraphs = expandtabs(paragraphs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.1/string.py", line 295, in expandtabs
    return s.expandtabs(tabsize)
AttributeError: expandtabs

Rut-Roh.

Somehting is fishy here, since:
>>> from string import expandtabs
>>> s="foo\ttab1\t\ttabx2"
>>> bar=expandtabs (s)
>>> bar
'foo     tab1            tabx2'

Works fine otherwise?

I even tried out of a script, in the event it was some sort of wierd,
obscure interpreter thing (It could happen); but I must admit, I am
stumped so far on this one. :(

Bill