Use Homesite (was RE: [Zope] Great html-applet ( commercial )...)

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Thu, 2 Aug 2001 07:38:34 -0400

Try HomeSite! Works great, easy to use and customize, save and drop in hunks
of repeatable code (snippets), create your own Zope toolbars of often-used
tags, etc, etc....

And the best thing?!?!  Unlimited UNDO and REDO! Open a file, make a change,
hit F12 for a browse-view in the same window for a look. If its not right,
or breaks something just hit F12 to go back to edit and CNTL-Z (undo) back
to previous and save it. Saves a lot of time and offers a nice security
blanket when editing live, production stuff.

And the other best thing?!?!  Multiple editing windows open at a time and
search-and-replace on them all. AND print out your code! I like seeing my
code on paper.

Built in help, wizards for most everything, CSS editor, html-tag popup
helpers, etc,...

Some things I have found:
Works on all DTML docs and methods and ZSQL methods.
Some things don't open.
Easy to rename files.
Not so easy to create new files (that I have found).
Just keep a ZMI window open for regular management stuff.

Gives new life to working with Zope files, if on the Windows platform.

Just my $.02

Allen