[Zope] Self-deletion of a Zclass instance

Carlson, Christopher W. Christopher.W.Carlson@saint-gobain.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 15:51:53 -0500

Hi, everybody.

How can I set up a self-destruct method in a Zclass?

I'm putting together a calendar of events that is editable by certain
individuals, and it needs to handle the removal of events from the list.  I
currently have some code in a DTML document that handles the deletion, but
I'd much rather simply allow a calendar entry to have a 'delete' method that
does the appropriate stuff.  Is this possible?

(I've done quite a bit of Zclass work, and gone through the various
tutorials and manuals, and haven't found anything appropriate.  I certainly
don't rule out the possibility that I've simply overlooked an obvious
passage, and won't be offended by an 'RTFM' response, if it mentions which
portion of the FM to look in...)

--- Chris