[Zope] Bind error on Server Startup

Eric Roby vekn@msn.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 17:12:44 -0500

I am trying to get Zope 2.3.3 up and running on a Sun server running the
latest OS.  I can start it up fine on port 8080 (or all ports I tried above
7000).  However, I am unable to start it up on any lower ports (including
port 80).  The traceback message I get points the following def block in
asyncore.py.

 def bind (self, addr):
        self.addr = addr
        return self.socket.bind (addr)

The specific error I get is "bind error: (13, 'permission denied').  I have
talked to the sys admin and everything is set correctly as far as access to
bind or any other network resources are concerned.  There are NO other
resources on port 80 on this system.

Anyone had similiar problems??