[Zope] SSL + ProxyPass + Zope question...

Meilicke, Scott scott.meilicke@intp.com
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 16:10:19 -0700

Can you just firewall off port 8080?

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Walstad [mailto:eric@walstads.net]
Sent: Friday, August 03, 2001 4:03 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] SSL + ProxyPass + Zope question...

Hello,

Apache is listening on port 80 and 443, Zope listening on port 8080.  When a
request comes in for port 443 (or HTTPS) Apache forwards the request to Zope
on port 8080 and sends the results back out thru SSL, just as it should.  If
a user goes to https://mysite.com/PasswordProtectedArea/ an SSL connection
is created and the password is forwarded to Zope after it's been sent thru
SSL.  However, if the user goes to
http://mysite.com:8080/PasswordProtectedArea/ Apache never sees the request
and it goes straight to Zope.  The user is then prompted for a password,
which would be sent back to Zope without SSL.

So my question is, how do I keep Zope from accepting any requests from the
outside world unless they've gone thru Apache first?  Can I tell Zope to
listen on something like 192.168.1.123:8080 so that it will never see
requests from the outside world?

TIA,

Eric.