[Zope] can one pass values through the 'action' property?

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sat, 04 Aug 2001 16:17:25 +0200

Hi,

--On Samstag, 4. August 2001 15:37 +0200 Florent Guillaume <fg@nuxeo.com>
wrote:

> Actually this isn't a Zope problem but a problem with either the
> HTTP spec or your browser. I'm not sure the spec allows you to do
> this at all. Use hidden inputs, they achieve exactly the same
> result.
>
> Florent Guillaume
> Nuxeo
>
>> I'm trying to do this:
>>
>>   <form action="get_row?row=3" method="POST">
>>      <input type="submit" name="submit" value="submit">
>>   </form>
>>
>> However, "row" does not show up in the REQUEST namespace, even though a
>> similar syntax works in a HREF tag.  Can this be done?  I know I can add
>> a hidden input tag, but it's a little messier.

You can examine the QUERY_STRING. However I dont see how a hidden tag would
be
messier :) The question is, how do you expect it to work? What if you give
an identical name with the query string as in the form? Should the result
be
overwritten? Should it be combined?

Regards
Tino