[Zope] IE problems with Zope Solaris binary?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 22:30:50 +0200 (CEST)

Irene Barg writes:
 > but when they actually try to 'Submit' an
 >
 > update, they get the infamous IE page saying:
 >
 > This page cannot be displayed.
 > The page your are looking for is currently unavailable.  The Web site
 > might be experiencing technical difficulties, or your may need to adjust
 >
 > your browser settings. .....
 >
 > Now, what "should" happen is, when they press the 'Submit' button,
 > a DTML method is called (using method="POST"), this method calls
 > some Python scripts, a ZSQL method, then sends a reply to the client's
 > browser.  Of course this never happens on a PC running IE or Nescape
 > 4.7.
 > I do not see this behavior if I come into my Zope site from another Sun
 > workstation
 > in my office (using Netscape 4.7), but I can go down the hall and get
 > the same
 > error on a PC running Windows 2000 and IE.  Can anyone tell me what may
 > be going on, or how I can go about debugging this?
Shane's TCPWatch utility (or any other TCPLogger) may help you
to see precisely what happens and what the difference between
the two constellations is.

BTW, does your Zope die when you see this error
(you should have enabled logging with "STUPID_LOG_FILE=logfile"
and check the logfile). If so, you may have a core dump
or an error indication in the log file.

Dieter