[Zope] The Profiler for measuring Zope calculation times

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:33:56 -0400

You can't measure certain methods without delving into Python.  You
might create an external method named "printTime" that just printed the
start and end times to the console, e.g.

import time
def printTime():
     print time.time()

If that doesn't strike you, you can measure how long a certain URL takes
to render by using the "big M" log and the requestprofiler (in Zope
2.4's utilities directory).  But this won't let you see "inside" of the
method that represents the URL (e.g. if the URL represents 'index_html',
you won't be able to see how long the left_nav_bar takes).

--
Chris McDonough                           Zope Corporation
http://www.zope.org                    http://www.zope.com

""" Killing hundreds of birds with thousands of stones """