[Zope] Using the profiler (Was: The Profiler for measuring Zope calculation times)

Kamon Ayeva kamon.ayeva@experts-md.com
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 17:12:07 +0200

Chris McDonough <chrism@zope.com> on Tuesday, August 07, 2001 4:11 PM:
Subject: Re: [Zope] The Profiler for measuring Zope calculation times

> Kamon Ayeva wrote:

> > That's actually what I need. On the rendering of every URL, I have some
> > presentation DTML methods calling each other (including a recursive DTML
> > call). So I would like to know the percentage of time spent by each of
these
> > methods within the global page rendering time.
>
> You need the profiler for that, sorry.

Unfortunately I have not yet found the way to use/interpret its output.
If I have the following entry from the output of the profiler (the only one
that has a total time (totime) > 2.000)...

14006/26        4.117        0.000        73.477        2.826  DT_InSV.py:
379 (__getitem__)

... I tend to think that at some point there is a DTML method doing some
dtml-in processing with sequence variables.
Is it all I can say or can I get more information that I can analyze ? It
seems I cannot tell which method is doing that processing, can I ?

Thanks.
Kamon
eXperts-MD