[Zope] Restricted Products?

Karl Munroe komunroe@uwimona.edu.jm
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 18:49:34 -0800

What I have done is create roles in the the root (root here means the =
start folder you want to have in the directory tree)folder. For each of =
the subdirectories for the users define the permissions for a particular =
role. Example: I have a folder for group 1 named group_1. The group_1 =
folder is a child folder in /Groups. create user with role group_1_role =
in the acl_users in the /Groups parent directory, do not set =
permissions. In the /Groups/group_1 directory define the permissions for =
role group_1_role. This way only those useres in group 1 who have been =
assigned the role group_1_role will have access to the folder group_1 =
(apart from the manager).

The idea here is that you might be able to add permissions to add and =
manage zclasses. If this doesn't work at least you will a way of =
restricting the access to the different folders among your users.

I also deleted the acl_user folder in the groups folders. This way, they =
will not be able to add/manage users or change their user details.

Karl Munroe.

P.S. I just tried the access thing 5 minutes before I read the email. =
Might be useful ;-)

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Keith
J. Farmer
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 11:37 AM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Restricted Products?

Is it possible to install products/ZClasses only for a particular
subdirectory?  I'm looking to host several different sites and at least
one will have some group-specific classes happenning, which I'd not want
to interfere with other groups' stuff.
                  j)e f^:){ +=1Bm +-  =0Fj)fj=7F b?? ^ hr,,+=1D3
zw(v)  E Ze l=1Bm +-  =0F j)fj=7F b? ^  z=1Bm +-  =0Fj)fj=7F b?? ^=20