[Zope] Cobalt RAQ3, Zope, SSL, FastCGI - A how to

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 08:52:39 +0100

"Blandford, Simon [BSS Audio UK]" wrote:
> The problems I had were with Siteroot and Virtual Host Monster.

I wouldn't think these would _cause_ any problems...

> One such
> product was ZWiki, as documented here http://zwiki.org/LinkProblems

Hmm, haven't had a chance to read that, but we've been runign Wikis with
ProxyPass and rewrite rules for a couple of years now.

> Also
> the excellent Tracker (the one which never made it out of CVS) had problems
> with some image file links being broken.

Yeah, to be fair though, that's just sheer bogosity in the tracker :-(
I fixed these by just removing the image reffs from the DTML...

> know if it has since been fixed. After one or two products needed hacking to
> get them to work with Siteroot I discovered FastCGI and that solved
> everything.

Well, we try and stick to VHM's now. They're much more flexible and easy to use
for this kindof stuff...

> > Might be best to stick this on zope.org somewhere too...
>
> Certainly! How do I do that?

Join Zope.org. Then go to the management interface for your personal area and
add a 'How-To' object...

cheers,

Chris