[Zope] Shallow copies/links/references

Mario Valente mvalente@ruido-visual.pt
Wed, 08 Aug 2001 11:43:18 +0100

At 02:29 08-08-2001 +0200, Joachim Werner wrote:
>I am currently working on more or less the same thing for Kontentor 2
>(previews maybe next week!). I've implemented my own session-based copy
>support (just stores the path of the object to copy, doesn't know about
>multiple copy yet), because I didn't like the cookie thing. My "symlinks"
>are real objects that just hold the path to the linked object.
>
>So when I edit the symlink, I don't get the original object, but just the
>form to change the link path. But that's exactly what I want. It would be no
>problem to add another edit link in the Kontentor frontend that opens the
>original object instead.

  That was also one of my possible avenues of exploration to solve
 the problem. But it was too much work and....

>I haven't tested your patch yet, but in theory it works fine for me. Though
>it is quite a hack ;-)

  ... I preferred the quick hack ;-)

>In the newest SmartSections (which will be Kontentor's editing frontend),
>you can copy and paste (or symlink-paste) objects (Headers, Images, Text

  This is cool. I have to find some time to try out Kontentor,
SmartSections and
 DBObjects. They seem interesting solutions to lots of the stuff that we
have to
 do.

  C U!

  -- MV