[Zope] Zope questions

Dave Swegen dswegen@allstor-sw.co.uk
Wed, 8 Aug 2001 14:42:59 +0100

Hi! I'm currently looking at the possibility of using zope for our new
intranet. However, I unsurprisingly have a few questions with regards to
its capabilities.

Zope seems great as far as creating original content, and managing
users. However, from what I've seen, using external tools seems
trickier. For instance, we have a lot of tools which generate plain HTML
pages (using everything from cron driven shell scripts to handwritten
HTML). We obviously don't wish to reinvent all these tools (or give up
the flexibility). How much would we lose switching to zope?

Also, we are going to be switching from using Notes (hack, spit) to web
based software covering everything from bugtracking (possibly Bugzilla)
through calendering to project mangement. Since there doesn't seem to be a
single product that does all this we are probably going to take a mix
and match approach, using whatever we can find. What would be great is
if all these various apps could be placed under zope's access management
system. Would this be possible? Or would we have to duplicate access
management for these external applications?

Also, does anyone have experience of intergrating bugzilla and zope?

So, that's my first salvo of questions. Any information would be much
appreciated.

Cheers
	Dave