[Zope] standard_error_message

Tommy Johnson tommy@7x.com
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 15:49:37 -0800

I've already looked at
url:http://www.zope.org/Members/JohnC/StandardErrorMessage

I have Zope 2.4, and I'm trying to overwrite to error message for part of my
site.

In the root folder is the standard error method. In folder A, which is
specific to a certain group of users, I wanted to give them a specialized
error method. Now, I would figure that the standard_error_message in folder
A would overwrite the one in the root folder. NOT! Although, the
error_message doesn't have the Zope icon anymore! (Go figure!)

So I decided to comment out all the code in the root folder's error_message.
Guess what? It still showed up! I even strip all the code outta it so I
would know that the code wasn't running (and the comment tag didn't work) --
still no luck.

All I can figure is that this error message is called from somewhere else.
Although I did notice one small thing (ok, maybe two). If everything is set
to the default setup, and I renamed the error_message in folder A to
standard_error_message1, then the regular error_message showed up, complete
with the Zope icon. Now, when I renamed the error_message in folder A back
to standard_error_message,

1. The Zope icon disappears, and
2. Near the bottom of the error_message, it says Key Error: This is my
custom error message.

As you probably guessed, the error_message in folder A just contains the
text 'This is my error message'

Is this enough of an explanation? What is going on? Does acquisition work
for EVERYTHING except error_messages? Ok, ok, that last bit was outta
frustration, but what's the deal?

Thanks in advance,
Tommy

Innovation: