[Zope] Backup Zope once a day

Gitte Wange gitte@babytux.dk
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 15:02:22 +0200

On Friday 10 August 2001 14:51, you wrote:
> Hi Gitte,
>
> 	I'm not sure you really need to! Are you concerned about backing up
> Data.fs in the middle of a write? Because of the way FileStorage works
> objects are added to the end, the worst case is that you'd lose the last
> transaction. However, to be squeaky clean, you could:
>
> stop Zope
> restart Zope in "readonly" mode (./start -r)
> backup
> stop Zope
> restart Zope in "read/write" mode.
>
> -steve

Well .... last night I tried to create a tarball from the zope-dir while Zope
was running .. and someone accessed our website (Data.fs changed I guess) and
tar exited with an error. When I stopped Zope and created the tarball
everything went fine ...

How while users experience the website if Zope is running i read-only mode ?
While it still be working ?

Gitte