[Zope] ZMySQLDA

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 09:46:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 10 Aug 2001, Stephan Goeldi wrote:

> >From: "js@aixtraware.de <Joachim Schmitz>" >
> >You should use the newest version which you get here:
> >
> >  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mysql-python
> >

> Thank you very much. This should be mentioned at
> http://www.zope.org/Members/MikeP/ZMySQLDA
> There only is version 1.1.3 available without link.
>
> I now installed:
> ZMySQLDA-2.0.7.linux-i686.tar.gz
> and
> MySQL-python-0.9.0.linux-i686.tar.gz
>
> extracted them from my zope root.
>
> Is there anything more to do? Compiling etc.?

MySQL-python/MySQLdb still needs to be compiled. Do this with:

$ python setup.py build
# python setup.py install

Note: Be sure you use the same python executeable as Zope uses. Otherwise
Zope will not find it. You don't need to do the build in your Zope root.
Another option is to do this:

# python setup.py install --install-lib=$zoperoot/lib/python

(see python setyp.py install --help for more options)

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0xC72F3F1D
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy