[Zope] How do I keep local managers from accessing the entire site?

Anders Conradi d99-aco@d.kth.se
Sat, 11 Aug 2001 10:50:16 +0200

Hi,

I have played a bit with Zope, to see if I can use it for a site I plan to
set up.
My problem is that I don't understand how to configure Zope to have a local
manager that manages a sub-folder of my site. I have read the ZopeBook, but
I still don't understand. I have tried, from a vanilla 2.4.0 installation,
to add a folder (let's call it "spam") and in that folder I create a user
folder with one user, who has the manager role. The problem is that the
user can access pretty much the entire site. For example, if he goes to the
URL "http://mysite:myport/spam/Control_Panel/manage_shutdown" he shuts down
the entire site. How do I make his privileges local to the spam folder?

Thanks in advance!

//Anders