[Zope] Re: mid function!

Hamzat kamal hamzatk@dnetsystems.net
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:02:57 +0200

At 02:16 AM 8/12/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>Hamzat kamal wrote:
>>
>> Dear tim,
>>
>> I checked through the DTML function i could not find this function.
>> I am writing a code where i will need to store the title of each dtml
>> document with <dtml-let > and extract certain number of xters from the
>> title and test it before calling a particular object.
>>
>> This function is widely used, but this is the way is been used in Vb
>>
>> mid(string, start [,length])
>>   string - denote the var name
>>   start  -   "    where you want to begin the extraction
>>   length -   "    the no of xters you want extract from the string
>>

>You would use the Python string module for this.

I am also completely new to Python, but when checking the zope doc
(AppendixA.htm) i saw one DTML string function
       find(s, sub[start [,end]])
  :- Returns the lowest index s where the substring sub is found such that
sub is wholly contained in s[start:end].

I assumed this will serve my purpose but when i tried it, this is the error
i received when try to view it

 Error Type: AttributeError
 Error Value: find

pls help me out.