[Zope] Server Side Questions

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper@rice.edu
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 11:21:44 -0500

>Is it possible to execute a cgi script (possibly not python) within a
>dtml document?

There is at least one product that lets you include the data of any
other web page in a Zope page. Can't remember the name, but it's been
mentioned several times on this list. You could use this to suck data
from a cgi URL. Don't know if this is what you're looking for -- I don't
imagine that it handles the environment in a very complex way.

>Are server side includes possible? And can a web
>server (say apache) be configured to procces Zope objects as if
>they are some other type of document that can  or should be proccess
>by the server before being sent to a browser?

Although I can't imagine why you would need to do this (Zope is much
better than SSI) I suppose it might be possible. Zope leaves SSI
directives in the page, so if you can convince Apache to process pages
coming through a ProxyPass or RewriteRule or something then you've got
it. Don't know enough about Apache to say how, or if something exists
now to do this (I would think so), but you could always write an Apache
mod that interferes in the publishing process if nothing exists to help
you. (I'm thinking mod_python. Hehe.)

        --jcc
    (extensible)