[Zope] Remote scripting?

Eric Walstad eric@walstads.net
Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:11:52 -0700

Hi Ren=E9,

I followed examples in the book "Core Web Programming" by Marty Hall =
to make
a java applet that talks to my Zope server.  It's been a long time si=
nce
I've looked at the code, but in a nutshell, the Java Applet does the
following:

1.  Create a URL object that points to the DTML Method or Script that=
 will
handle the request
2.  Create a Connection object
3.  Open the connection
4.  Create a PrintStream object for sending the request to the server
5.  Send the request to the server (I used println())
6.  Close the output
7.  Create a DataInputStream object to receive Zope's response
8.  Read in Zope's data (I used readLine())
9.  Close the input stream
10. Process the data that Zope sent
11. Rinse, repeat

All my applet does is redirect based on what Zope sends back to it, b=
ut it
would be easy enough to repopulate a list box with Zope data.

Hope that helps,

Eric.

PS, it's considered good form to send only "plain text" messages to t=
he
mailing list.