[Zope] tabs interface for user pages

Mitchell L Model mlm@acm.org
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 12:10:20 -0400

I'm new to Zope, but learning fast.  I want my web site's pages to
have a tab mechanism
like /manage does.  I've poked through the code enough to find the
class Tabs, the file manage_tabs.dtml, and variables like
manage_options.  However, it still looks to me like there's no
trivial way to plug this in to my user web pages the way I can do a
tree (like /manage does) in one line and a short filter method.

I would greatly, and urgently (demo Friday!) appreciate any
suggestions on how to incorporate (flexible) tab views into my site
pages.  Do I need to create a subclass of Tabs?  Do I need to define
my own versions of various dtml methods used by manage_tabs?  Is
there a product that does something like this, either that I could
use or that I could learn from?

I can't be the first person to want this!?!