[Zope] How to find out whether index_html was acquired?

Hamish Lawson hamish_lawson@yahoo.co.uk
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 16:45:40 -0000

I'm wondering whether there is a way to determine whether the
index_html method was found in the current folder or was acquired
from a folder above.

The motivation for this is a situation like so: Suppose there is a
folder 'Acme' with subfolders 'Engineering', 'Marketing'
and 'Accounts'. I'd like the index_html for the subfolders to be
similar, so I would put it in Acme to be acquired. However I want the
index_html for the Acme folder itself to be different from the
subfolders. Therefore I'm thinking I could rename the index_html for
the subfolders to be index_sub_html, create an index_self_html for
use by the Acme folder, and then have index_html determine whether it
was acquired and show either index_self_html or index_sub_html as
appropriate. Would this be the right approach?

Hamish Lawson