[Zope] Sorting case-insensitivly

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Wed, 15 Aug 2001 20:07:00 +0200 (CEST)

Peter Bengtsson writes:
 > In the ZMI all the objects are by default sorted alphabetically starting
 > with Capital A and ending with small z.
 > What if you don't want it to be case sensitive? It's prett darn ugly the way
 > it is at the moment.
I like it the way it is now....

If you don't:

  Oleg has developed a nice sorting extension.
  It has been incorporated in the "in" tag and also be provided
  as a function.
  In Zope 2.4, it is available in "_.sequence".

  Not only, it allows you to call for case insensitive
  sorting, it also support locale-aware sorting and
  arbitrary user defined sorting.

  Use it to create a customized version of the
  ObjectManager's content listing.

If you add a configurable parameter to control sorting,
then this might give a good feature request with patch
for Zope's Collector.

I know many users would like case insensitive searching,
but some, like me, perfer the current solution.

Dieter