[Zope] Naviscope, and its deference to Opera.

David Smithson David Smithson" <dave.smithson@runningdog.co.uk
Fri, 17 Aug 2001 01:22:24 +0100

Dear All,

Just to draw your attention to Naviscope **, which is a free web
accelerator, advert blocker, atomic-time teller etc. which actually works
very well for normal browsing on explorer 5.5 (PC).

However, it does bugger up Zope a bit, in that it caches a bit too much.
(Errors on Saving in Management screen like 'This resource not found, etc.,
try refreshing your page.) Naviscope brought to my attention by Phil, and
its shortcomings also pinpointed by Phil.

I have since, like a true newby, tried and begun to use Opera, which I think
is really cool (except for the adverts, which are only OK if you set
preferences to 'Female, earning a million grand, single' etc. in the
preferences).

<Design> I also began to work out Bluerobot's *** (CSS) Opera (Explorer)
hacks after I installed Opera, which were pretty difficult for me to work
out at first, but have since enabled my (poorly understood) CSS layouts to
work in Opera 5.1.2 (PC).

** http://www.naviscope.com/splash.php3

*** http://www.bluerobot.com/web/layouts/.